We already have the first security protocols to visit Machu Picchu after Covid-19 or also known as the Coronavirus. The Association of Tourism Agencies of Cusco – AATC together with the regional authorities of Cusco, Machu Picchu and the different unions of the tourism sector, as part of the activities of the Commission to reactivate the tourism sector in the region, carried out a technical visit and inspection to the Llaqta of MachuPicchu (Inca City – Archaeological Zone) to verify the Sanitary and biosafety protocols implemented by the DDC Cusco and SERNANP.
Visit Machu Picchu
Among the main security protocols it was taken into account that:
• The train will only go with 50% of its capacity, that is, the distance between tourists will be respected. It is not yet known whether the authorized train companies, in this case PeruRail and IncaRail, will maintain their costs or raise prices.
Now if you do not want to go by train, you also have the cheapest route is known as machu picchu by car or machu picchu by bus, but surely mobility in this case will go alone with 50% of its capacity and prices insurance will increase for this route.
• The Consettur Bus will also go with 50% of its capacity. This Bus is to go up from Aguas Calientes (Machu Picchu Town) to Machu Picchu (Archaeological Zone) and vice versa. It is also unknown whether this company will maintain its current prices or raise its prices by any percentage.
The other route to climb Machu Picchu (Archaeological Zone) from Aguas Calientes was on foot but currently it is not known if it will remain open or if it will be closed.
• Tourist Guides may only enter with a maximum group of 7 people and maintain a distance of 20 meters between groups. That is to say that with the new security protocols the national or foreign tourist must enter yes or yes with a professional guide.
• Only 75 foreign or national tourists may enter per hour to Machu Picchu (Archaeological Zone). Currently the first entry time was 6:00 and the last 14:00. Surely more visiting hours will open.
• The Watcher’s house will be the point of explanation.
• To visit Machu Picchu Two routes will be considered: one long and the other short.
Tourist Safety Protocols
• The mandatory use of masks.
• You should not share personal hygiene or food items with other tourists.
• Perform frequent hand hygiene (washing with soap and water, or using alcohol solution).
• Use disposable tissues and dispose of them properly in a trash can with a lid.
• In case of sneezing or coughing, cover the nose and mouth with a disposable tissue or the forearm.
• Maintain clean and ventilated environments.
• Body temperature control every 12 hours.